Especially in the food production chain a careful and economical use of resources such as water, energy and soil has the highest priority. The efficient use of raw material and other means of production form the content of this focus. It also includes waste avoidance as well as re-use of unavoidable by-products within the food processing.
The Food Cluster, together with Lower Austrian companies, identifies issues for the development of innovative, cooperative and sustainable solutions in the priority area.
Current activities in the cluster
Projects in preparation
- Project SPITFIRE – Project launch December 2021, Project participation still possible!
- Innovation camp – Digital energy management – planned project launch Q4/2021
Projects in progress
- Project EIP KEFStrat
- Project AÖLI
- Project EIP AGRI Winter vegetables II
- Project Stop Waste Save Food
- Project MIKAP
Initiative digitalization in the food production chain
The manifold possibilites of digitalization offer simplification, precision and new solutions for the food production. The Food Cluster supports Lower Austrian companies in implementation projects:
Current digitalization projects in the cluster’s key topic „Sustainable use of resources“ (excerpt)
- Project Digitalization of sales tours – in progress
- Project EIP FrostStrat – in preparation