The vision of a bioeconomy built upon a circular economy and the use of renewable resources along with a CO2-neutral economy can only gain broad acceptance if the awareness is high enough and the necessary know-how is available.
The platform for Green Transformation and Bioeconomy has set itself the goal of acting as an information hub and engine for raising awareness. The numerous individual initiatives that already exist in the province are to be networked with one another, providing the key players with a platform for exchange. Where there are gaps, new cooperative projects are to be initiated that go beyond traditional industry boundaries.
Several instruments have been created to achieve this objective:
- The province of Lower Austria and the Federal Ministry for Climate Protection are represented on the platform advisory board by leading specialist officials.
- The advisory board also includes people who are nominated by multiplier organizations (Chamber of Agriculture, Chamber of Commerce, Federation of Austrian Industries, Association of Municipalities, Raiffeisen Association, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Ecosocial Forum, Energy and Environment Agency of the Province of Lower Austria).
- The spokesman for the advisory board is Martin Greimel from the Center for Bioeconomy at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna.
- The scientific field is represented on the advisory board by Antje Potthast, spokesperson for the advisory board, professor at the Institute of Chemistry of Renewable Resources at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna.
- The advisory boards for circular economy, renewable resources and carbon capture technologies include experts from science, business and education from the respective fields. The advisory board spokespersons are also deputy advisory board spokespersons.